Pre-Sign Up Questions
- What forms and documents do you help me with?
- We deal with your social security card, passport, updating IRS information, driver's license information, vehicle title, U.S. postal service, and other non-government organizations such as banks, credit cards, doctor's offices, membership organizations, etc.
- How much does your name change service cost?
- It is a one-time fee of $29.95. To directly checkout, please go to the secure checkout page.
- Can I use this service to hyphenate my name?
- Yes, this service does help with name hyphenations.
- How long will I have access to my account?
- Forever. You'll have lifetime access.
- Can I complete my forms before I get married or go on my honeymoon?
- Yes, you can complete the process of filling out your name change forms prior to marriage, then you can mail them after you are married.
- I'm divorced. Can I change my last name back to my maiden name?
- Even though our service is geared towards marriage name change, it can technically be used for a divorce name change (as long as your divorce decree has a name change order). The name change procedure for marriage and divorce is similar—within your account, just swap out references to "marriage certificate" with your divorce decree (original or certified copy).
- Can my fiancé or husband change his name as well?
- For women, our service easily supports a marriage name change for every state in the country. For men, depending on the state, it can be more involved. There are several states that allow a husband to change his name as easily as his wife's: California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, and Oregon. If your husband resides in one those states, he can use our service as-is. If he doesn't, the process can be bit more cumbersome—it usually involves petitioning the court.
- Which browsers is this service compatible with?
- This site has been tested and confirmed to work with the most common web browsers: IE11+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Android, Opera.
- Can I use this service with my smartphone (ie, iPhone, Android, etc)?
- Yes, this website has been built to be mobile-friendly. Instead of building a mobile-only app, we've incorporated "responsive web design" which allows the site to visually reconfigure itself based on the device it's being viewed on. If you're on a desktop and using a modern browser, you can experience how this works by incrementally resizing your web browser to smaller and smaller widths.
- How do I get back into my account?
- Your account login link is located at the top-right of every page. If you're already logged in you'll see a link that says "My Account" instead.
- I forgot my password. How do I retrieve it?
- Please use our password recovery form (go to the "login" link at the top-right of any page) to retrieve your password.
- I forgot my username. How do I retrieve it?
- Contact us for assistance in retrieving your username.
- Can I change my username?
- Sorry, username changes are not permitted.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express through our Authorize.Net merchant account. We also provide PayPal as an option for those who prefer it.
- How long do I have to wait to receive my purchase?
- You'll get immediate, automatic access following successful completion of the checkout process.
- Why am I being told my chosen username is invalid during checkout?
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters. This means letters and numbers only. So if you've entered any other characters such as dashes (-), underscores (_), periods (.), spaces ( ), or "at" symbols (@), please remove them.
- I made a purchase, but have not received my product? What happened?
- That is odd. Once checkout is complete your browser should have automatically redirected you to your purchase within your account. There should be no delay or wait time. It's possible your browser has blocked the automatic redirect our server sent, but that's an extremely rare phenomenon. Regardless, you'll just need to login to your account to access your purchase.
- Why was my transaction declined?
- Unfortunately, our merchant provider does not provide us very informative details regarding the cause of a transaction being declined. The typical reason is the expiration date you entered was wrong. If the expiration date is off by even one month or year the transaction will be declined. Please try again and double-check to make sure your payment details are entered correctly. If you experience a secondary decline, please try another card or try checking out using the PayPal option.
- Why does the checkout form ask for my billing address?
- Your billing address is used solely to authenticate the purchase with our merchant account provider. Your billing information is not stored on our server or used for any other purpose. We simply pass the data directly to the payment processor for validation.
- I didn't finish the process of changing my name, and it looks like I'm being asked to make another purchase. Why?
- You do not need to make another purchase. What happened is you got logged out of your account and you simply need to login and continue working where you left off. If you accidentally made another purchase with a new account please contact us so that we may void or refund the duplicate order. If you tried logging in and was told your account was not found, this means you're trying to login with the wrong username. Please contact us for assistance if you've forgotten your login credentials.
- How do I get a refund?
- Please contact us with your request. Order cancellations and refunds are processed within 24 hours. You will also receive email confirmation once it's done.
- How do I remove my billing information from your system?
- As a security precaution, we do not store or archive billing data on our server, so there's nothing to remove.
PDF Form Reader/Viewer
- Where can I download the Adobe Reader to open and print my PDF's?
- You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from their website.
- Can you recommend an alternative to Adobe Reader?
- Yes, you may want to give Foxit Reader and Sumatra PDF a try, both of which are free.
- Why does the PDF form I re-downloaded today look different from my prior version?
- In all likelihood, the form you downloaded today is an updated version. The prior form you downloaded was an older version. We keep our forms up-to-date, so older versions occasionally get replaced. If there's a long stretch of time between your prior visit, these forms could have been updated during the interim.
PDF Form Generation Errors
- Why did I get a file "not found" notice when I tried to download my generated form?
- When you generate your form you have to download it immediately as it will automatically get deleted. It appears that you "generated" the form, then waited a short while before downloading it. During this interim period your generated form was automatically deleted. This is an intentional security precaution. To remedy this you'll just have to generate your form again, but be sure to download it right away this time.
- When I try to download my generated PDF form why do I get a blank page or browser error?
- This is rare, but can be caused by several things. It could be your browser PDF plugin is misconfigured. It can be a browser caching issue. It can be something as simple as your not having a PDF reader actually installed. Regardless of the cause, the solution that normally resolves this is to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader, or an alternative PDF reader.
- Why does my PDF show a weird, small, gray box sitting on top of the text?
- This is a rare phenomenon that typically affects very old, out-of-date versions of Adobe Reader. It is resolved by upgrading Adobe Reader to its latest version.
- How do I erase all the information I entered into my name change forms?
- At the bottom of the various forms there's a "Clear Form" button that will accomplish this.
- How do I close my account after I finish using your service?
- If you'd like your account closed to the point where you can no longer log in, then please contact us with your request and we'll provide instructions to facilitate this.
- I see a maintenance mode notice in my account. What is this?
- It's a broadcast notification to all logged in users that we'll be undergoing scheduled maintenance in the near future. This notice is typically posted 6-12 hours before we intend to go into maintenance. Maintenance sometimes involves upgrading server hardware, but typically is something as simple as upgrading sever software to assure we're as up-to-date and secure as possible. Once we go fully into maintenance mode, all logged in users' account activity will be disabled. This alert is meant to give you time to complete your work and log out of your account prior to downtime. Throughout this period, any data you've previously entered is kept fully intact.
Using the Service
- I started the process of changing my name, but I didn't finish. Now what?
- Simply log back into your account and continue working where you left off. You do not have to finish everything in one sitting.
- Instead of mailing in my social security form, can I submit it in person?
- Yes, you can file it in person, if you'd prefer. Your account will provide details and links for locating a local social security administration office that's closest to your location.
- Why does your form ask about the age of my passport?
- There are multiple passport forms. Depending on the age of your passport, you will have to fill out a different form. We ask so that the proper form is provided to you.
- I password-protected my form, but can't remember my password. How do I open or print it?
- Password-protecting your forms is an optional benefit that's provided to you. Unfortunately, if you don't remember the password you chose when generating your form there's no way to retrieve it. That's one downside of applying such extra security to your forms. You'll just have to log back into your account and regenerate your form again.
- I'm using your service at work, but I don't want to store my generated PDF forms on my work computer. What do I do?
- You have several options. First, you can complete the forms at work, but wait until you're at home to generate and download the forms. You can also download your forms to a portable device, such as a USB memory stick. You can also save your forms on your smartphone or tablet, then print it when you return home.
- On my mobile device, some drop down form fields are too wide. Can you fix this?
- I need a certified copy of my marriage certificate. Where can I get one?
- Contact your local vital records office to request a certified copy of your marriage certificate. If you're having trouble locating one in your area, contact us, specifying your city and state, and we'll locate one close to you. Marriage certificate copies can typically be ordered by postal mail.
- I need some help filling out a portion of my form? How can I get in touch with you?
- Please contact us. We provide free phone and email technical support. Please provide as much detail as possible with your support request.